Thursday, June 11, 2009

I ACCIDENTALLY BOUGHT TWO TVS

So there I was. Walking through one of those (okay, the one remaining local) chain store electronic place when the thought occurred to me. I've paid off my balance on my (chain store) charge card. Hmmm. Amy had asked if we could get a tv for the kitchen - one of those "under the cabinet" jobs. I'm getting sick of looking at that crappy "standard definition" box in our upstairs living room. What's that? Those 32 inch lcds are on sale. And look! There's an "open box special"...saving me an additional $40. I would be an irresponsible fool and horrible husband if I didn't take advantage of this bargain. In the cart. Uh oh. They don't carry those "under the cabinet" tvs for the kitchen. But what's the difference if I get a flip down version, or just a small tv? Say....19 inch? Look, there's another "open box special". I can save another $20. Wow, I'm a great, GREAT husband, saving all of this money. Why? Because I love my wife and son. Now I'll have more money which I can spend on food and clothes so they can live longer and look good while doing it. In the cart. As I proudly pushed my cart to the car, smile beeming, I just know what that little boy who I passed was thinking. He was thinking "there goes the greatest dad ever". That's right little fella. Little did he know, that I will also remember this event, as the day I accidentally bought two tvs.

No comments:

Post a Comment