Monday, February 1, 2010

I SEE BLUE PEOPLE!


Every few years a movie comes out that I REALLY want to see. Avatar was this year's candidate and it delivered. The basic story was good. Not great, not anything you haven't seen before in one form or another. The real star is them there cozy 3D glasses and all the 3D goodness it brings with it. Being forced to sit in the first 5 rows (20 minutes early turns out wasn't nearly early enough), actually ended up being a good thing, as we were even more immersed into the world of Pandora. People are saying how the story didn't matter, however this whole 3D experience wouldn't have worked at all with a BAD story. Avatar was far from a bad story. Okay, so if you're idea of escaping to the movies is "Hope Floats", this may not be your ideal way to spend 2 hours and 40 minutes. For me though, the movie theater was made for adventures like this. If I'm going to the movies, I'd prefer to end up somewhere REAL far away. As a whole, the entire experience was something amazingly new and I completely recommend it. Avatar is something you need to experience for the first time with the 3D and preferably IMAX. Do not wait for the dvd.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, even after all these weeks of being out, you still have to get there an hour early to get a prime seat!
    It was an amazing movies. The colors had me transfixed the entire time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. Who knew? Yeah it was really something to see on the 3d screen...totally will lose an element on regular hd tv screen.

    ReplyDelete