Tuesday, October 13, 2009

YOU BETTER STAY HERE: THE ADVENTURES OF JERK CAR. FROM THE FILES OF PST POLICE SQUAD

Life throws curveballs all the time, so once in a while it's nice to avoid one. This weekend my wife and I JUST MISSED a car that pulled out, attempting to make a right on red. The car immediately in front of us was not as lucky, and was forced to veer to the right, clipping another vehicle. Jerk-car was a young woman a young man I assume was her teen son. After I was done blaring my horn for about 20 seconds and had come to a complete stop, she finally decided to complete her illegal right turn slowing directly to my left, held there by the rush of cars that had poured into a single lane. Her window was down. So was mine. I kept my message brief and to the point.

"You better stay here".
She did not.

The two cars involved were very happy that Amy's eagle eyes had enabled her to jot down the license plate number of jerk-car. We couldn't stay at the scene because we had our baby Jake with us, but gave everyone our information and assured them it was neither's fault. This morning I got a call from the officer involved to fill in some blanks and help what I could. Later this week, jerk-car will get a call from the same officer...maybe even a visit.

From the law.
Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment