Thursday, April 30, 2009

HAPPY (HALF) BIRTHDAY JAKE!


Today marks six months my son Jake officially entered our world! Seems like yesterday, yet it's also hard to remember our lives without him. If you've never been a parent, the first few months are rather eventless. Poop. Sleep. Feed. Repeat. The only real interaction is a stabbing cry at Godless hours of the night reminding you yet again that you're going to be tired once more tomorrow. You begin to ask questions...like "What was I thinking"?

But then something changes. You begin to wake up on your own, wondering why you haven't been woken up. All of the sudden you're not complaining anymore. Then one day it happens, and everything falls into place. He (or she) looks up at you...and you get a smile. Not a side effect of gas or an incidental lip curl, but a real, intentional baby smile. Then you think...well, there's not really any words that can explain how you feel.

So Happy Birthday Jake! Mommy and I can't wait for our next experience...that words can't explain:)

5 comments:

  1. Happy half birthday to my big cousin, Jake!!!
    Love, little cuz, Tommy xoxo :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Jake could talk, I'm sure he would say "Thanks Tommy"..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Lukas is 3 days older then Jake! Very cool! What a week that was, huh? World Series game reschedueled, snow in October, Phillies win the World Series, & the next week we vote in an African- American in the white house! Our boys baby books will be quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. That's right. I'm a Yankees fan, but it was still a GREAT week! lol. I was actually rooting for the Phils. Send my (half) birthday greetings to Lukas:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 8 months jake!!!

    ReplyDelete